Capacity to Connect: Supporting Students’ Mental Health and Wellness
This workshop happens over two days- June 15 and 16 from 9-10:30 a.m.
During this workshop, faculty and staff will learn about education and training resources to better enable them to support post-secondary students with their mental health and wellness. During this workshop, participants will:
- learn how they can play a role in supporting students’ mental health,
- Understand how mental health and wellness can be viewed as a wheel in which we’re keeping many different dimensions in balance.
- Discuss ways of dealing with stresses and challenges when the wheel is out of balance
- Learn how they can make a difference to a student in distress by knowing how to recognize the signs of distress, responding empathetically, and knowing how to refer the student to other resources.
This workshop will be facilitated by counsellors from the Faculty of Student Development and is supported by People and Culture and the Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching. Everyone who attends this workshop will receive a certificate of completion.
This resource was developed under BCcampus’s Mental Health and Wellness Projects from funding by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training and guidance from an advisory group of students, staff, and faculty from B.C. post-secondary institutions. The purpose of the projects is to provide access to education and training resources for faculty and staff to better enable them to support post-secondary students with their mental health and wellness.
- Dates & Times:
- 9:00am - 10:30am, Tuesday, June 15, 2021
9:00am - 10:30am, Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.